Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011





This recipe is one I found on the Kraft website last year and Brian has been requesting it ever since. It's not super hard and we had tons of leftovers. The recipe says it yields 8 cups, but that doesn't seem like that much to me, and I'm sure there were tons of leftovers for the hubs to take for lunches. Anyway, the kraft recipes have usually proved worth trying and this one was definitely a big hit for our family!

Cheesy Chicken & Salsa Skillet

2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1-1/4 cups Salsa
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 large green pepper, cut into short thin strips
1 cup Mexican Style 2% Milk Finely Shredded Four Cheese

  • Cook pasta as directed on package.
  • Heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 2 min.
  • Stir in salsa, corn and peppers. Bring to boil.
  • Simmer on medium-low heat 10 min. or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally
  • Drain pasta. Add to chicken mixture; mix lightly.
  • Top with cheese. Remove from heat; cover. Let stand 1 min. or until cheese is melted.

Makes 8 Cups


1 comment:

  1. This is a staple in our house too! love it!
    p.s. I made you a christmas recipe thing but since I didn't see you at christmas I never gave it to you! I'll bring it in February!

    ReplyDelete